Transcription Services Supervisor
Accentus/Nuance is looking for an experienced Transcription Services Supervisor to join our team in Ottawa, ON. We're looking forward to adding a self-directed, independent thinker with the ability to motivate and reward top performers in a mid-level management capacity.
The Transcription Services Supervisor (TSM) reports directly to a Client Operations Manager (COM) and is responsible for managing the day to day service delivery of assigned clients/accounts.The TSM leads a team of remote Medical Language Specialists assigned to their accounts. The TSM is responsible for schedule compliance and capacity utilization, monitoring of TAT and quality, performance management and attrition, managing payroll compliance, and providing coverage for the Client Operations Manager or other Transcription Service Managers as needed.
The TSM selected will be responsible for:
- Engaging in new account assignments during implementation, go live, and post go live stages, with monitoring to maintain immediate post-go live stability of TAT and quality
- Managing account specifics updates for all assigned accounts; ensuring team members are kept apprised of any changes and ensuring changes are being implemented correctly according to standards
- Monitoring all assigned accounts and management reports to ensure performance metrics are maintained
- Scheduling staff accordingly as needed to ensure TAT maintenance
- Monitoring work flow and allocates team members appropriately
- Utilizing reporting tools to manage costs and reduce non-productive expenses (MUP, OT, schedule adherence, productivity/lines per hour (LPH), and speech utilization)
- Ensuring assessment processes and procedures via audit software are maintained and followed
- Managing quality challenges and escalates to Quality Compliance Team as needed
- Ensuring documents are edited consistently and fairly according to client account specifics, standards of style, and formats of practice
- Manages and maintains account manuals
- Participates in client meetings (with Client Operations Manager, Client Services and/or other members within Nuance) as necessary
- Provides beginning and end of day updates/shift handoffs
·Collaborates and partners with peers to share knowledge and improve business results by recommending and implementing process improvements
- Creates a culture of dedication to patient and client while balancing needs of the employees and company
- Performance management of team members
The successful candidate for this position will be willing to accept the above responsibilities and also possess:
- Excellent command of medical terminology, AHDI guidelines and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Proven problem identification, solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to build solid action plans and execute
- Ability to understand and analyze reporting metrics
- Ability to foster a team environment
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop people
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Applications including; Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to lead and manage a virtual team
- Experience proofreading, editing, and evaluating documentation against quality metrics preferred
Experience that is preferred for this position includes a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, including one year as a manager.
We prefer those with CMT/RMT certifications OR a bachelor’s degree.
To express interest in the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter and salary history. With multiple positions available, we are looking to source and screen candidates rather quickly. Apply today!